24.01.2017 - Pre Exam Timetables
Leaving Certificate and Junior Certificate timetables for 2017 can be … More
Some images from the Parent’s Council fundraising event the Regina … More
1961-2011 Fifty years ‘with wisdom and courage’
1. (a) Students must wear school uniform on all school days unless otherwise instructed. Uniform consists of school shirt, jumper, knee length skirt or school pants, school jacket, school scarf, dark shoes and school socks/tights. Boots or sport shoes are not allowed.
(b) During P.E. (Physical Education) Students must wear the school tracksuit, lilac polo shirt and runners. Each student must have a hockey stick and a gumshield.
2. Students are expected to be neat and their appearance (especially hairstyle and the wearing of makeup and jewellery) must be acceptable to the school authorities at all times. Coloured nail varnish is not permitted. Jewellery must be kept to a minimum: body piercings are not allowed, except one pair of ear studs, i.e. one stud in each ear lobe: make-up must be discreet: hair must be of a natural colour.
Please note: Any excess jewellery will be confiscated immediately and may be reclaimed from the principal at the end of the term.
3. Students must accept the authority of management and all school staff during the school day and when on all out-of-school activities.
4. Students must show respect and courtesy to fellow students, members of staff and the general public.
5. Students must have respect for college property (school equipment/materials) and that of their fellow students. (their own books/property and that of their fellow students must be treated appropriately at all times)
6. Regina Mundi College does not tolerate bullying in any form. (see accompanying anti-bullying policy).
7. Students must complete all work assigned to them by teachers. They must have all necessary class materials (including their homework journal) as appropriate. ALL homework must be recorded in this journal.
8. Mobile Phones:
a. Mobile phones must be switched off on the school premises, and during all school activities, this includes the alarm function.
b. Students must not make or receive calls or text messages during the school day; any contact with parents must be through the school office.
c. The use of a phone as a camera is banned at all times.
Any infringement of Mobile Phone Policy will result in the phone being confiscated and retained by
the Principal. It will only be returned to a parent/guardian on payment of a €10 fine.
9. In accordance with Section 47 of the Public Health (Tobacco) Act, 2002 smoking is strictly forbidden in the school (this prohibition also applies to the yard, the park/approach roads to the school, the hockey grounds, school transport and all outside facilities used by the school).
10. Items and Substances (outlined in the school substance abuse policy) are banned.
11. Students must attend on all school days (in accordance with the Education Welfare Act 2000). All absences must be explained (in writing) either in advance or on return to the college.
12. Students must be on time for school and all classes.
13. Students must not leave Regina Mundi College during school hours without permission from the appropriate authority. (Before leaving they must be signed out at the school office)
14. Students are not permitted to leave the school campus during morning break and lunch time.
15. All classrooms and open areas are to be kept clean and tidy. Lunch must be taken by students in their base classroom. Eating while in open areas/stairs etc is forbidden. Chewing gum is not allowed.
In the event of breaches of school rules Regina Mundi College may impose the following sanctions.
The Principal may, after investigation, suspend pupils for serious breach/breaches of the school code of behaviour.
In exceptional circumstances the Principal may recommend the exclusion or expulsion of students for serious breach/breaches of said code.
The parents of all students (and students who are over 18) are afforded the right to appeal in all instances of suspension, exclusion or expulsion.
Such appeals to be made in writing to The Manager, Regina Mundi College, in accordance with the Education Act (1998) and the Education Welfare Act (2000).