We are celebrating many student successes over recent weeks here in Regina Mundi College which include the following:
- First year student Emma Geraghty won 1st prize in the Cork Schools’ Enterprise Programme Dragons’ Den competition held in Silversprings Hotel. Second prize was also won bya Regina Mundi College student – first year Claire O’Sullivan. Emma’s idea was a booth for applying sun screen by spray and Claire’s a device to block use of mobile phones while driving. Congratulations to the students and their teacher, Ms Chadwick.
- The 5th year music class won the group singing competition in Feis Maitiu under the direction of music teacher, Mrs Beecher.
- 4th year student Emer Creedon was a member of the winning team at the BT Business of Science and Technology bootcamp in Dublin.
- The 4th year music class performed their own compostion in City Hall, Cork as part of the “Composer in the Classroom” concert.
- 3rd year student Alison Peard won 1st prize in the “Design a Public Park” competition organised by Cllr. Kieran McCarthy.
- 4th year students Cliodhna Cunningham and Robyn Corrigan were presented with awards by the Chernobyl Children’s Project in recognition of their work with the organisation.
- Cork City Library recently held a short story and photography competition which several of our students entered. We were delighted to hear that the photographs entered by Hannah Hoban and Jenny McLaughlan were selected for display in the library and that the short stories written by Stephanie Clifford, Sadhbh Corkery and Claire O’Sullivan were shortlisted. In the overall competition of over 100 entries Stephanie Clifford won 3rd prize for her short story. Congratulations to all concerned.